Thursday, October 17, 2024

Dying To Self

Bible Reading:  Colossians 3:1-13


Key Verse: Verse 3 – “For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”


Key Words: For ye are dead


A Sunday School teacher was teaching their Sunday School class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.


He asked them, “If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into heaven?”


“NO!” the children answered.


“If I cleaned the church everyday, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into heaven?”


Again, the answer was, “NO!”  He was just bursting with pride for them.


“Well,” he continued, “then how can I get into heaven?”


A five-year-old boy shouted out, “YOU GOTTA BE DEAD.”


Not only do you have to be dead to go to heaven, you have to be dead to self to stop all the fussing, fuming, and fighting.


So many believers today have never died to self and their own self-will.  As a result, many churches are full of fussing, fuming, and fighting.


                                                                                                Dr. Mike Rouse           

What to do: 

As a believer, dying on earth results in going to heaven; dying to self on earth allows heaven to live in you today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed