Saturday, May 18, 2024

Corrupt Words

Bible Reading: Daniel 2:1-13

Key Verse: Verse 9 – “But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.”

Key Words: corrupt words


The astrologers, sorcerers, and the Chaldeans could not tell the king what he had dreamed. The king knew they were stalling for time and knew whatever they said would be untrue. So he simply said, “Any words you share will be corrupt.”  The word corrupt means faulty, decaying, rotten.


Some years ago, I was making some hospital visits.  When I first got in the car I smelled a bit of a bad odor, but I gave it very little thought.  But after making several hospital calls, I noticed the odor was getting stronger and was becoming difficult to endure. I looked the car over, searching for where the odor might be coming from but with no success.  When I finally arrived back at the office, the odor had become unbearable. So rolling up my sleeves, I set out to find where this foul odor was coming from.  Just as I was about to give up, I saw a “sippy cup” lodged under the passenger front seat.  When I pulled the cup out, I immediately realized I had found my “odor” problem. Whatever was in the cup was now “green and growing.”  What a horrible smell!!  Now, while I had to endure the odor, I wasn’t the one with the odor nor was I the cause of the odor.  The corrupt sippy cup was the one that smelled and was the cause.


So it is with those who use corrupt words.  Their words send out a foul odor of lies and deceit, bitterness, and malice.  They may be hard to notice at first but the person with a corrupt mouth and corrupt words will eventually “stink up the place.”  So it was with the king’s soothsayers.

 

                                                                                    Dr. Mike Rouse

What to do:  

Let God’s Word be your mouth freshener each morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed