Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Jesus and Rulership

Bible Reading: Matthew 4:12-22

Key Verse: 19 – “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”

Key Words Follow me


The gift of rulership means a person is an organizer and a leader.  When I think of the gift of rulership, the name Nehemiah comes to mind; but even more predominant than that is the name of Jesus.


Jesus is the greatest example of all the grace gifts, including rulership.


Jesus was the greatest of all leaders.  He knew where He was going (Heaven) and He wanted others to go with Him.


Matthew Henry went to London, met a young lady of nobility, who was also wealthy, and they fell in love.  She went to her father to ask if she could marry him.  He responded, “He’s got no background.  You don’t know where he is from.”  The daughter’s response was, “Yes, I know, but I know where he’s going, and I want to go with him.”  Well, we know where Jesus is from and we know where He is going; and we should desire to follow Him, not only to Heaven, but to do His will on earth.


Matthew 28:19-20, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

 

                                                                                                Dr. Mike Rouse

What to do: 

Be a good follower of the Greatest Leader.


Thought: A good leader is a person with a magnet in his heart and a compass in his head.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed