Wednesday, August 21, 2024

The Gift of Miracles

Bible Reading:  I Corinthians 12:10 and Hebrews 12:1-4


Key Verse: Verse 12:10 – “To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:”


Key Words: working of miracles


Again, I repeat, I believe in the God of miracles, but I do not believe in man-made miracles.


In the early church, miracles were a part of the credentials of God’s servants.  The gifts of healing, miracles, and tongues were sign gifts of the early church.  I believe these gifts are “passed away.”


But I do believe in the God of miracles and with God nothing is impossible.


I believe these miracles come from God through our prayer life.


A man was putting a tin roof on his barn when all of a sudden he slipped and began to slide down the roof.  He cried out to God to save him when no sooner he got the words out of his mouth a nail caught his pants and stopped him.  When he stopped he said, “Never mind God, I took care of it”.  The problem isn’t that God doesn’t perform miracles anymore, the problem is we’re not looking for God to perform miracles.


An alcoholic [who] became a believer, was asked how he could possibly believe all the nonsense in the Bible about miracles.  “You don’t believe that Jesus changed the water into wine, do you?”  “I sure do, because in our house Jesus changed the whiskey into furniture.”


 Yes, I believe in miracles.  I see God perform them every day (but not man)!!


                                                                                                            Dr. Mike Rouse

What to do: 

The greatest of all miracles is the salvation of a soul.  Are you saved?  If not, call us.  We want to tell you about the great miracle of salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed