Tuesday, August 20, 2024

The Gift of Healing

Bible Reading:  I Corinthians 12:9 and James 5:14-20

Key Verse: Verse 12:9 – “To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;”

Key Words: the gifts of healing


I do not believe in faith healers, but I do believe that faith can heal.


Faith in God can heal the alcoholic from his drunkenness.


Faith in God can heal the addict from his addiction to drugs.


Faith in God can heal the thief from their stealing and the adulterer from their fornication.


I believe that God uses the prayers of those who pray, believing, to work miracles.

The word healer means physical treatment, those who know how to treat illness and disease, and prescribe medicine.  These are used by God to “heal” but it is ultimately God Who does the healing.


 I do not believe in the faith healing of today that so many false teachers are proclaiming to have.  Remember, we are told in Matthew 7:21-23: “Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”


                                                                                        Dr. Mike Rouse

What to do: 

I praise God for modern medicine, but I praise Him more for He makes them work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed